Wednesday, January 7, 2009

In Jackson Mississippi

Every year, we celebrate Christmas in Jackson, Mississippi. My mom is from Mississippi and all of he family still lives there. So, it wasn't much surprise that we headed up there to celebrate some Christmas with them. We left Friday the 19th after I got off of work. Derek, Mason, and I stayed at MiMi and Pop. Saturday morning, we went to my uncle Sammy and Aunt Dinah's house for the Lang Family Christmas. This is always one of my favorite Christmas festivites and it always has been. We have a ton of family traditions that day; first we talk about how there ha been a new baby born every year since my cousin Anna Beth 10 years ago and I was so thrilled that it was my child who got recognized this year. After that, my uncle Sammy tells the Christmas Story or as my cousin Emmeline says, "How God Was Born." Then we eat and watch the kids open their Christmas gifts. This year was bitter sweet. Sunday morning on our way home, my MiMi called us and told us that my Uncle Freddie went to be with the Lord that morning. Freddie had been battleing with cancer and diabetes for quite some time and his disease ran it's course. The Lang Family Christmas will never be the same without his shouting telling the kids to be quiet, his dry sense of humor and best of all, his talk of politics. Although it wasn't the best way to spend Christmas, I was honored to have our 2 new editions erek and Mason with me this year!
Nathan probably wondering what he could get into next
Natalie's serious face!
Anna Beth stayed by the presents looking to see which had her name on them
Pop slightly excited about his present!
The next Vanna White... yeah right!
Nathan and his camera, or in his words, "Crap, oh crap!"
Mason and his drum set
Playing by MiMi's tree
He pulled her tail, what can I say? Just kidding, she didn't bite him!I saved the best for last!

No comments: