Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Planning For Our Prince

It's hard to believe that I have started the planning process for Mason's first birthday! It seems like yesterday that I was starting the process for him to be here and now a year later, we are planning his birthday party. I must say that I am on the ball when it comes to planning his birthday. We have the date, location, the menu, and we have picked out cakes. Well somewhat picked out cakes. Mom has graciously offered (or I offered for her- depends on who you talk to) to make Mason's big birthday cake and his personal (hopefully I'm going to make a big mess) cake. I am so excited about his party. It's going to be a blast! I got the cutest outfit for him to wear until he eat his cake. We can't get it messed up you know!
Here are some updates on Mason... he's a full speed ahead walker. There is no stopping him now. He walks/ tries to run all around the barricaded living room. By the way, our house will never be the same because of our furniture all connecting to try to keep him in. He thinks (well and so do we) he's really something. We make sure we praise him completely when he walks. Mason walked across the room the other night to my dad and if Mason was old enough to ask, he would have received what ever he wanted from his Poppy at that time. By the way... he's still all about my dad. Mason has also extended his vocabulary. He now says Mama, Dada, K K, and Ya Ya. Although Poppy is his favorite, it make take a while to say his name. He's also mimicking sounds and learning opposites. Like when I say "Uh Uh" he says "Uh Huh!" Don't tell me kids don't know. So there is an update on Mason. Stay tuned for more.....

No comments: