Friday, June 12, 2009

This Time Last Year....

I woke up this morning with a heavy heart! Not depressed or sad really, just thinking back on this last year and how much things have changed. I remember this time last year, my parents were on a cruise, Derek and I were "dogsitting" and Dr. Hobgood advised me to go ahead and pack a bag and keep it in the car in case I went into labor. So this time last year, although 12 days away from delivery, Derek and I got our bags together and packed one for Mason as well. I started off with making my list which I found the other day. Now of course there were some things that were going to have to wait, but as for everything else, pajamas, clothes to wear home, Mason's stuff was all packed and put in the car in case for some reason I went into labor at work. Little did I know at the time that I would be in labor for 16 hours.
So what am I doing this year, today I go take my 1 hour glucose test for Max, go get goody bag stuff for Mason's birthday party and continue planning for it. 12 days away from his first birthday. I feel like I should still have him in a carrier packing newborn diapers, not letting him hold my hand and walking somewhere and packing size 4 diapers. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this time with Mason. He is so fun and we love being silly with him and playing and dancing around the house, it's just hard to believe that he's becoming more of a boy not a baby. I have warned the girls here at work that the Wednesday of Mason's birthday I may be laid out in the floor in depression. We are so thankful for our sweet boy!

No comments: