Monday, June 1, 2009

We're Back!

We made it home from Mississippi last night! We had a great time visiting with the family. Mason had a great time entertaining everyone especially Nathan and Natalie because they thought he was hilarious and cracked up about everything he did. Mason loves the attention and continues to do things when you laugh at him. He is growling a lot here lately! We think it's quite hilarious and so does he! MiMi and Pop were a nervous wreck all weekend because Mason is quite clumsy and falls a lot! So every time he fell you hear everyone gasp for air.
Highlights of the weekend:
1. We tried a new restaurant that MiMi and Pop frequent- Hamil's! It was amazing! I am not a buffet person at all. In fact, they make me sick, so I was very hesitant, but it ended up being one of the best restaurants that we have eaten there.
2. Nathan, Natalie and Mason riding around in the driveway in the wagon and car. Mason thought he was hot stuff and the kids thought it was so fun wheeling someone else around.
3. The new mall in Madison! It was amazing as well. So many cute stores! It's an outdoor mall so for a 6 month pregnant woman, it's too hot especially in Mississippi, so that was the only down fall.
4. Kim seeing a man that she graduated high school with. She was talking about his family and her family and she told him that I was Paula's daughter and that she is a grandmother now. You could see the shocked/ disgusted look on his face. I told Kim to make sure that next time she tells someone that Paula is a grandmother, that she also tells them that I am 22 not 14.
5. This is probably more of my mom's highlight, but I think I will write about it. Mom always stays at Kim's house and me, Kaitlin, and Mason stay at MiMi's. So Saturday night Nathan says that he wants to sleep with mom. So he gets in bed and tells mom that Heidi stinks. Mom says, well, I'll give her a bath when I get home. He waits a few minutes and says, "She really smells bad, can you give her a bath now." Mom explains to him and says that it's late and she will give her a bath later. Then he says, "Well, I can't hold my breath all night long." Mom laughs and he goes and gets in the bed with Anna Beth. Oh the things that kids say! I can't wait to hear what Mason starts saying to her! It will be very interesting.

No comments: